Surgeon and TV Show Host
Commencement Address at West Chester University, 2011
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mistery, today is a gift.. that's why it is called the present.
TEN TIPS I WISH I KNEW WHEN I GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE
A transcript is of the speech is not available however there is a nice summary put together by the local newspaper:
10. "Every day, feel productive and challenged in a tailor-made system that works for you, what works in your life. You might as well do the things you're good at."
9. "Generate an expertise in an area other than the profession that you choose to make your living."
8. "Develop a system for living your life."
7. "Find a mentor."
6. "Whatever you choose to do, do it with a childlike passion."
5. "Let people surprise you."
4. "Recognize that relationships have to keep growing."
3. "Never forget that the body is a temple of the soul."
2. "Live in the present."
1. "Remember that you must make the driving force in your life, love."
Posted on: 06.16.2011